Heart Resources, LLC adheres to the ethical standards of the Grant Professionals Association (GPA) prohibiting compensation based upon contingency fees (receiving a percentage of the funded grant instead of a fee). We generally work with organizations that are eligible and ready for grants, as well as grant-related entities requesting technical writing services. The types of organizations include: governmental units (municipalities and county, state and federal agencies); corporate and private foundations; colleges and universities; and nonprofit organizations with IRS tax exempt status.
Fee ranges are set annually and estimates may vary depending upon the services requested, type of funder, size of the project, and deadline. As a mission-driven business, we strive to offer affordable options in the range of $70-$200 per hour. A contract is required.
Types of Fees:
Per Diem Rate (4 or 8 Hours) - Short-term services and seminars provided on as needed and/or quick turnaround basis.
Project Rate - Special rate on bundled services such as multiple LOI and proposals for the same project, or a combination of services such as funder research report and grant proposal template.
Retainer Rate - Discounted rate for regularly scheduled services (contract minimum is one day (eight hours) per week or the equivalent for six months).
Important Note to PA nonprofit organizations and any entity requesting PA foundation grants: Heart Resources, LLC is registered as a Professional Fundraising Counsel with the Pennsylvania Department of State, Bureau of Corporations and Charitable Organizations under the Solicitation of Funds for Charitable Purposes Act, and is authorized to provide fundraising services on behalf of charitable organizations provided that written contracts with the charitable organizations have been filed with and approved by the Bureau. Please allow a minimum of 10 days to two-weeks for pre-approval of a contract to provide grant proposal writing and consulting services for solicitation of any PA corporation or foundation.
PA contract approval is not required for government grants or technical writing projects. Heart Resources LLC has never missed a deadline! We provide quick turnaround writing for local, state and federal grant applications.
How to Start Receiving Services:
1) Send us a message about your organization and program/project grant needs. If the project is not a fit for the company, referrals to other qualified contractors may be provided.
2) If the project is a fit for the company priorities and schedule, we will provide a resume and guide to services, which is a document containing a list and description of all services and working arrangements, a rate sheet, and sample contract.
3) A more detailed exchange of information takes place, such as email and phone communications to gather specific program/project information, a link to the funder's RFP, deadline, and proposal work plan (for an imminent due date). This step enables Katherine to provide an exact estimate.
4) When the terms and do-not-exceed fee are mutually agreeable, the agency's authorized representative (CEO, COO and/or Board Member) and Katherine will sign copies of the contract. For non-government grant requests, Katherine must send a request for contract approval to the state authorities (as described above).
5) Katherine begins providing services as described in the contract.
The overall process may take as little time as 24 hours for an estimate and contract to start preparing a governmental RFP and as long as two weeks when contract approval from the state is required.
Organizations may send Request for Qualifications (RFQ) notices directly to email@example.com or to: Heart Resources, LLC, 307 Brierly Lane, West Mifflin, PA 15122-1209.
We receive a large volume of requests. If Katherine does not respond to your RFQ or request for services, please assume that she values your request, but the company's schedule is likely to be full.